Employment Opportunities at The Literacy Center
The Literacy Center Currently has Two Job Openings:
Click the link above for more information about our Executive Director position.
The Literacy Center is seeking a highly-organized administrative assistant who is bilingual in English and Spanish to work full time for our busy office and adult literacy program. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining organizational and program records
- Greeting and assisting guests
- Answering the phone and responding to emails
- Assisting students with application and registration
- Creating and maintaining student, volunteer, and employment files
- Entering data into multiple databases
- Purchasing supplies and coordinating appointments with vendors
- Preparing letters and other mailings
- Providing administrative support to the executive director, development director, data analyst and program coordinators
- Processing and recording financial transactions
Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have exceptional computer, communication, and organizational skills, and be passionate about adult literacy. A high school diploma or GED is required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Hailstone by June 22, 2018.
The Literacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.